Perfect Homes for Families
It’s finally here…BACK TO SCHOOL!
If you’re a parent of school-age children, that means new uniforms, PE kits, checking the school shoes still fit and (let’s face it!) a feeling of relief and unbridled joy! If your children are younger, congratulations, you still have all this to come! Whichever run of the parenting ladder you’re on, when it comes to choosing a place to live, it has to be a safe and suitable family home.
At Larkfleet Homes, we’re confident that we have built enough houses to know what makes an ideal family home. First and foremost is a good location, and we scout out the very best sites for our developments, based on fundamental factors such as local natural beauty and air quality, crime rates, school provision, and local services and amenities.
We also understand how modern families want to live in their homes. Our house types and layouts reflect the demand for versatile family spaces, whether that’s in a two-bedroom starter home, or a sprawling five-bedroom property with multiple bathrooms for a house full of grown-up children.
Keep reading for details of five of our family-friendly developments.
Whittlesey Green, Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire
- Two, three, four and five bedroom family homes located on the outskirts of the popular market town of Whittlesey
- Three well-regarded primary schools in the town: Alderman Jacobs School, Park Lane Primary & Nursery School and New Road Primary & Nursery School
- An excellent secondary school with sixth form provision: Sir Harry Smith Community College
- Family-centred community events including an annual summer festival and the ‘Straw Bear’ weekend festival every January featuring music, dancing, a procession and a bonfire.
Harriers Rest, Wittering, Cambridgeshire
- A charming development of three, four and five-bedroom homes nestled in the village of Wittering
- Wittering Primary School is a short walk from the development and is rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED
- Just three miles away, in Stamford, there are more primary school options, as well as a number of secondary schools, including the independent Stamford Endowed Schools, which educate boys and girls aged 2 to 18 – both day and boarding.
- A village hall, bowling green and various sports and social clubs provide opportunities for children to try a wide range of activities and get involved in the community.
Cromwell Fields, Bury, Cambridgeshire
- Three and four bedroom family homes in the picture perfect village of Bury
- Neighbouring village Ramsey is home to a number of excellent state schools: Ashbeach Primary School, Ramsey Spinning Infant and Junior Schools, and Abbey College for 11-18 year olds.
- There are also independent schools in the area, including Whitehall School (catering for children aged 6 months to 11 years) and Kimbolton Schools (for 4-18 year olds).
- Local groups and clubs include bell ringing, sports, crafting and living history events.
Abbey Park, Thorney, Peterborough
- Three and four bedroom family homes in the picturesque village of Thorney in rural Cambridgeshire
- The Duke of Bedford Primary School in the village is rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED, while nearby Arthur Mellows Village College is ‘Outstanding’
- Parkland and public open space in abundance, so plenty of areas for children to explore and play.
Farriers Reach, Oakham, Rutland
- Part of the Oakham Heights development, family homes are available just outside the traditional market town, in the heart of Rutland.
- The development includes parks, open spaces, play areas, allotments and a new community centre
- There are a number of excellent primary schools in Oakham: English Martyrs’ Catholic Primary School, Oakham Primary School, Brooke Hill Academy, Catmose Primary and Langham Primary School
- For older children, Catmose College (11-16) and Harington School (16-19) are both rated ‘Outstanding’.