Forces Help to Buy
What is Forces Help to Buy?
Force Help to Buy is a government-backed initiative which gives qualifying personnel of the British Armed Forces the opportunity to borrow up to 50% of their annual salary from the Ministry of Defence.
The scheme offers tailored support for first-time buyers and those moving due to reassignment.
You could borrow up to £25,000 and find that your dream Larkfleet home is within reach.
About the loan:
- The loan is interest-free and can be repaid over a period of up to 10 years
- The loan can be used to cover various costs – from contributing to your deposit to paying solicitor and estate agent fees
- Forces Help to Buy can help you to purchase your first home, as well as assisting those moving to another property on assignment or those looking to meet the changing needs of a growing family
- You must have completed the pre-requisite length of service
- You must have more than six months left to serve at the time you apply
- You must meet the specified medical criteria
Servicemen and servicewomen can apply for the loan online through the Joint Personnel Administration system and can seek advice on their application through their Chain of Command and personnel agency.